So, I’m on a great contract, and I’ll be working from home. Good news and bad…
- There is no commute. I can get out of bed and be at work in about 30 seconds.
- I don’t have to buy gas as often, which will save me money.
- I’ll save money on lunch since I usually eat out when I’m in the office.
- It is easier to create better dinners, since I can take a five-minute break and put something in the oven that needs to cook a few hours, which I normally wouldn’t do during the week.
- I won’t get frustrated in traffic.
- I’ll be spending less time doing laundry.
The bad news:
- I miss being around people.
- It is easy to get distracted.
- The cats won’t leave me alone.
Seriously, there are a number of good articles written about working from home. (Check out The “Work From Home” Generation by Alex Iskold) Each person needs to decide how they work best, and what works out best for them. As for me, I’m going to enjoy this job!